155 Five Paragraph Essay Topics: Quick Ideas For You
Before we jump into the “how,” let us first of all attempt to answer the “what is a five paragraph essay?” question. A five paragraph essay is an essay that has five paragraphs and is divided into three segments: the introduction, the body, and the conclusion. The introduction is one paragraph long, the body is three paragraphs long, while the conclusion is one paragraph long.
This format of writing an essay has been nicknamed many things, including “the hamburger format,” “the one-three-one essay format,” and so on.
Essays, generally, are mostly used by school teachers – including college and middle school teachers- to assess students’ level of consideration for their potential audience. The five paragraph essay format is the standard essay format for many schools and universities for various reasons.
Many times, students in colleges or universities admit that they default to seeking affordable and professional research paper help with some of their essays. Most times, they admit to not being able to meet up deadlines or not having confidence in their writing abilities. However controversial this notion is, it’s every student’s wish to get top grades, so getting help writing a five paragraph essay outline gives them a boost.
Whatever means the student employs, it is a good idea to commit to memory some 5 paragraph essay examples, and how long a 5 paragraph essay should be. That way, they’re prepared enough to write them whenever the need arises. It also ensures that they’re taking the right steps in getting the best grades.
Steps To Writing A 5 Paragraph Essay
Like everything else in the English language, when it comes to how to write a good 5 paragraph essay, there are basic rules you need to know and follow. For one, it is advisable for you to prepare an outline for your 5 paragraph essay. This will help you itemize your points and divide them between the five paragraphs. It also helps you to remember the points you want to add.
Typically, five paragraph essay topics need students to do either of the following:
- Narrate something,
- Expound on a process or concept,
- Persuade the readers,
- Establish relationships between concepts,
- Argue for or against a notion.
Whatever the context, the standard outline for 5 paragraph essays is as follows:
- Introduction. This is where the writer introduces the topic with an interesting plot line).
- Body. The three paragraphs in this section each help to drive the writer’s point across and expound on the topic and introduction).
- Conclusion. At this point, the writer summarizes the points mentioned above and draws the essay to a close.
Five Paragraph Essay Structure
The essay structure for 5 paragraph essays is easy to follow. Below is the structure:
– The introduction or introductory statement that lightly explains the topic,
– The body:
> Paragraph 1: First argument
> Paragraph 2: Second supporting argument
> Paragraph 3: Third supporting argument.
– The conclusion or summary that brings all the arguments together and shows their relevance to the topic being discussed.
Sometimes, students get confused and ask, “how long should a 5 paragraph essay be?”. Sometimes, the answer is obvious -5 paragraphs. Other times, five paragraphs are not enough to get the point across, especially at the university level. This, however, gives room for the controversial aspect of adding more paragraphs to a 5 paragraph essay. While it is allowed, the key is to remember to tie all the points together in the conclusion.
As a general rule, 5 paragraph essays should be between 450 and 800 words.
Five Paragraph Essay Topics
When choosing 5 paragraph essay topics, make sure that they’re good enough to fall under the typical reasons for writing an essay (or the types of essays).
Depending on the academic level of the student, examples of good 5 paragraph essay topics are:
- How can the use of plastic be controlled?
- How has urbanization aided pollution?
- Should people be made to pay for education, or should it be free?
- How much access should children be given to the Internet?
- How has tobacco marketing affected people’s health?
- How can the government clamp down on environmental law offenders?
- Should smoking be banned completely or limited to private property?
- How has social media affected students’ performance in school?
- What kind of recreational activities should students be exposed to?
- What are some benefits of using personal protective equipment?
5 Paragraph Essay Topics For High School Students
- Windbreakers and their importance
- Consequences of overdependence on nonrenewable resources
- Animal rights or human survival
- Practical ways to prevent desert encroachment
- Causes of a heart attack
- Air pollution is preventable
- Environmental protection projects
- Effects of replenishing endangered ecosystems in our environment
- Impending effects of climate change
- Cognitive interpretation of nature
- When it rains, it pours
- Long-term effects of deforestation
- Trees are more important than we’ll ever know
- Preparation against natural disasters
- Effects of erosion on the soil
- Helpful microorganisms that interact within the farm
- Harmful microorganisms present in the soil
- How water aids homeostasis
- Enzymes and their functions
- Glass and paper recycling projects
- Farmyard manure does more harm than good to food crops
- Teens and social media addiction
- Astronomy and its effects on the world today
- Hairstyles should not be censored
- Differences between the effects of positive and negative reinforcements
- Benefits of developing good breakfast habits
- How exercise affects the cardiovascular system
- How loss affects the mental health of a person
- Benefits of proper rest and sleep on a person’s health and mood
- How positivity affects one’s well-being
- What age is considered appropriate to start dating
- Some developmental milestones of children aged 0 to 5
- White blood cells and their functions
- Importance of hemoglobin in the body
- How teamwork helps foster co-operation among team members
- Qualities of a good leader
- Education of the girl child
- How you would protect yourself from the cold
- What to do when there’s a fire
- Differences between ancient and modern forms of transportation
- How hobbies can help protect a person’s mental health
- How to reduce pollution caused by festivals
- Cheap recycling projects to protect the Earth
- How frugality affects the environment
- How fashion affects the development of personality
- Co-education should be abolished
- Medical care should be free for people who can’t afford it
- Who should pay taxes; how to achieve equity in tax rates
- How to help someone who’s having a bad day
- How music and relaxation affect a person’s mental health
- How bullying can lead to the perpetuation of unfair caste systems in schools
- How oxygen is transported throughout the body
- Your favorite season of the year; why?
- What causes rainbows to appear
- Distinguishing features of mammals
- How ships differ from submarines
- The significance of memorials
- Effects of poor sleeping habits on the development of a person’s personality
- Different types of feeders in the food chain of an ecosystem
- Renewable alternatives to present electricity supply
- How poor road networks affect farmers’ productivity
- How the body reacts when foreign bodies get in
- Causes and remedies for common fevers
- Differences between regular verbs and irregular verbs
- Pollination: what it is and why it’s important
- Moral arguments against child marriage
- Instances where prevention is better than cure
- How gravitational force can be good and bad
- Respiration in aquatic animals
- Effects of sunlight on the skin
- Sustainable alternatives to the burning of fossil fuels
- Similarities between the skin and the leaves of a plant
- How you learned a skill via the internet
- Effects of harsh words on a child’s development
- How procrastination affects a student’s overall performance
- How to prepare your favorite food
- How diurnal and nocturnal animals differ from each other
- How a person’s immediate environment affects their personality
- The importance of water on the digestive system
- First aid techniques and types of equipment
- How the sun influences the solar system
- The benefits of having good role models
- How the digestive system processes food to produce energy
- Effects of cigarette and tobacco smoking on a person’s lungs and health in general
5 Paragraph Essay Topics For Middle School Students
- What can be done to put a stop to the continuous extinction of endangered plant and animal species
- Should school dress codes be abolished
- Students should be allowed to use their cellphones in class
- How the school authorities can put a stop to bullying
- Students should be allowed to approve teachers before they are hired
- Teachers should undergo a probationary period of training before employment
- School children should be allowed to put on makeup
- Virtual gaming centers should be banned
- The school cafeteria menu should include food choices vetted by students’ votes
- Student council members should include representatives from different grades
- Obesity is perpetrated by fast-food companies
- Historical records should be revisited and corrected
- Students should be taught the real history of countries and civilizations
- Do mission trips establish a “white supremacy” culture
- Are all plants autotrophic?
- How the internet has done more harm than good in terms of education
- How much control should young children have over their screen time
- How school teachers can help students learn virtues like forgiveness and empathy
- Are all scientific pieces of evidence and propositions absolute
- How air pollution has affected the ozone layer
- What similarities are there between American soccer and football
- Should textbooks be replaced with e-learning in schools
- What benefits did people enjoy during the lockdown
- How the lockdown has affected the economy of the world
- Argue for or against the notion that some public service positions should be scrapped
- What people must consider when choosing a career
- The importance of learning foreign languages
- Evolution has led to the creation of new species
- Soccer will not gain enough popularity in the US
- Football and basketball players’ pay is correspondent with their performance
- The use of hardcover books in schools should be abolished, and mobile applications be installed in their place
- The pay politicians receive is higher than their output
- A moment you’ll never forget and why
- How being in the school environment has benefited school children
- Define and differentiate between heroes and role models
- If you could spend a day with anybody, who would it be? Why that person
- How medicine has evolved over the years
- Online essays are usually non plagiarized content. True or false
- Getting expert research paper help is usually expensive and should not be trusted
- How easy it is to get quality and affordable topics for 5 paragraph essays
- How to enforce school uniforms to curb indecent dressing
- Attaining a high level of education cannot guarantee job success
- How the COVID-19 lockdown has affected your academics
- The effect of COVID-19 lockdown on your family
- Education is/ isn’t the ultimate test of knowledge
- Recent events that are relevant to your course of study
- Modern technology, if at all, has helped refine education
- Brushing twice a day does more harm than good to the teeth
- Practical ways to curb land pollution
- Steps to take to reduce greenhouse gases
Writing an essay doesn’t come naturally to some students, and that’s okay. Thankfully, there are sites online that offer expertly written outlines and essays, and most of their services are cheap. Because they are easy and affordable, they’re easy favorites of lower and higher level students.